Thursday, June 11, 2020

How to Improve My Knowing?

How to Improve My Knowing?

Sri Sri Parmahansa Yogananda ji says 
"Self-realization is the knowing—in body, mind, and soul—that we are one with the omnipresence of God; that we do not have to pray that it come to us, that we are not merely near it at all times, but that God's omnipresence is our omnipresence; that we are just as much a part of Him now as we ever will be. All we have to do is improve our knowing."
How to improve our knowing? OR How to improve my knowing?

If I can question myself, how I can improve my Knowing before carrying out every activity, then how it would be?

When I wake up in the morning and before even getting up from bed, if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing today? Then, there is a surrender that happens and a humble prayer, stating - "help me in improving my Knowing."

I get down from the bed and enter the washroom and if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing now? Then a moment of stillness enters and the activities of cleaning happens in a gentle awareness. 

While taking the shower, if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing now? There is a surrender into the stream of water flowing from the shower and the flow is merged with the Cosmic Flow and there is an awe in that flow of the Cosmic Flow.

As I place the used clothes in the bin for washing, if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing now? Instead of just having an attitude of getting rid of used clothes, I can express my gratitude to those clothes who have served me for those many hours protecting me from external environment of heat, cold, dust and may be from harmful microbes. I can tell them - "get washed and cleaned, and I would be glad to wear you again."

As I dry myself and dress up and question myself how I can improve my Knowing now? There is a gratitude that enters the mind for those who have made these clothes for me to wear and that gratitude is wrapping me in its freshness and healthy warmth.

As I enter my prayer place and just before sitting there if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing now? Then, there is stillness that enters, and the search for stillness is no more there, and there is only merging into stillness that happens.

As I come out of my meditative or mindfulness practices and start entering into the daily activities of world, and if I question myself how I can improve my Knowing today in these daily activities? Then, there is a surrender to the Cosmic Will and a humble prayer stating - "help me in improving my Knowing. Whatever I do, whatever activity I carry out, let me not lose sight of Thee - help me in improving my Knowing." Then the planning happens and whether the chores get completed or not as there is surrender, the attachment and the entanglement towards the outcome is no more there. There is only a sincere attempt of carrying out the task to the best of my ability. A sense of equanimity gets in and balances me.

As I about to light the stove to cook something and if I ask how I can improve my Knowing? Then there is a silence and from that silence a flow of serving comes in and the act of cooking with lots of love and a thought process of enriching the food with lots of physical and psychological nourishment automatically happens.

Sitting before the plate just before eating, if I ask how I can improve my Knowing while eating? Then, I will convey my gratitude to all those people who made the food to bring it into my plate right from the farmer to the cook and the individual who has served it. I can also see the beauty of nature and its grace in each and every grain and how much each and every particle has toiled to bring these grains onto my plate. Especially trillions of micro-organisms that has converted the dirt into nourishing soil and supplied nutrients to the plants in making the plants to grow and flourish bountifully.

As I board the vehicle to travel and ask myself what I can do to improve my Knowing during this travel? Then I would travel mindfully and use the appropriate transport that is most environment friendly and travel only if it is dire necessary.

When I go for shopping and if I ask how I can improve my Knowing during shopping? Then I would buy only if it is really necessary and look out for high quality clothes rather than the quantity, so that I buy ethically as much close to natural fiber so that my shopping do not create burden on to the environment, the weaver, and the seller.

As I retire to bed and ask myself, what did I do today to improve my Knowing? Then, I can honestly introspect on my self and my behavior compassionately, and thank the grace where ever I could behave and helped myself in improving my Knowing and where I could not, I can ask for more grace so that I can further improve my Knowing.

On any occasion like a birthday or some another important event, if I can ask myself what I did to improve my knowing? Then, I can reflect back and as a retrospective, I can express my gratitude to all that has passed and has brought me to this present state and chalk out a pathway for a better future that enhances my awareness and further improve my Knowing.

Every time when I ask "what I can do to improve my Knowing?" Then, my mind takes a back step for a while. There is so much of de-cluttering that happens, an amazing amount of clarity surfaces, and I enter into a realm of stillness and from that state, a Flow guides me to perform the right activity that enhances mine and others well-being and further improves my Knowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment